Saturday 31 January 2015

RAYA SS - Back In Time Part 11

RECAP :

"Just...just a friend of the family," I said,

  I left Ram standing there in the tea section, try to not to break down sobbing in the middle of Supermarket...

 Because I had a feeling that things were about to get much more complicated.

PART 11


PRIYA'S POV



My phone was rang i was in deep sleep i search my phone and in half sleep i receive it....



 "Get your ass out of bed, Girl."

"Excuse me who the hell are you?" I replied,.

I sat upright.

 "Who do you think this is,?"

hell. I recognized that familiar irritated voice. Of course it had to be Ram calling me

 "Ram?" I said, a hand at my forehead. "Why are you calling me Ram? And hello - more importantly, how did you get my number Ram?"

 "My mom gave it to me," Ram said. "Now get over here."

"Over where?" I asked. "You woke me up to give me orders right?"

 "Priya." Ram's voice sounded happy, something I'd definitely never heard from him before. "It's almost one in the afternoon, and we're having dinner at six. Did you forget you were invited for dinner, or did you decide that you're too good to meet my family?"

 Shit. i almost forget

i started blabbing and making fake stories to Ram

 "Jesus, Priya, will you plz shut up? Get over here soon

"I am so sorry, Ram,". "I'll be over there as soon as I can, I didn't mean to - "

 "Stop apologizing!"

 That's the last thing Ram said before call disconnected.

I glared at my phone. Damn cell phones. yaar sone bhi nahi dete...

  Well, Ram happened to be pissed off about a lot of things, so there was really no point in worrying about late For dinner One ....



XXXXXX

Kapoor's Cafe 

I open the door  and steeped in  

the door swung open and my bad luck I fell over into the doorway,  OMG this couldn't get any more embarrassing, could it?

"Do you always make entrances like that or today is some special occasion ?"

i know this would be Ram only but much to my horror, it was someone I'd never had the pleasure of meeting before.

 The guy He looked a little like Ram, but his face was rounder, more teenager child like, and this is his prank over people for fun.

 "Uh...yeah," I said awkwardly

 "Awesome," the guy said with a smirk. "I always knew Ram would find a keeper."

"Uh...what" i said and stood up

  So the first time I happened to meet one of Ram's family members and my face was so red it looked red tomato

 "Chintu, what the hell are you doing?"

Ah, there was that familiar irritating tone I'd missed so much.

 "And, uh, who is this, Ram?" Chitu asked, tossing an arm around Ram's shoulders.

 I had to fight back a laugh at the fact that Chintu had to reach up on his tiptoes to do it.

"Piss off, Chintu," Ram snapped, jabbing an elbow into his side.

  Was it just my imagination, or did Ram actually look embarrassed? He looked insanely handsome in a white shirt that was rolled up to his elbows blue jeans, and his hair looked amazing, but there was no denying the fact he definitely looked embarrassed.

 "I'm Priya," I said, .

"So this is Priya?" Chintu said incredulously "Damn, , I thought -"

"Chintu, go bother someone else and leave Priya alone," Ram cut him off, giving his cousin a murderous look

 "Can't avoid me forever, Ram!" Chintu said before skipping away.

I cant believe  that Ram and this guy were even related.

 "Sorry about him," Ram muttered,. "My cousin is an idiot."

"No, no, it's fine,"

 "Well..." he said  scratching his temple . "Then get ready for other members of  family you're going to be sick of by the end of dinner."

All most as if the rest of Ram's family crowded around in the coffee house had heard the two of us talking, there was a loud shout of "Priya!" and then I was being surrounded by so many people I didn't even know.

 So, Krishna aunty had three siblings - two sisters named Kusum and Suman, and then a brother named Kamal

 Natasha, soumya  and Ram belonged to Krishna aunty.

Chitu belongs to kusum and total sum of all member in coffee house was 15-16

 (and rest i dont wanna give intro of every siblings with their family hope u understand).

the coffee house was packed with loud, chattering and even louder and hyper children playing . This was different atmosphere from anything I'd experienced in the last several years its not awkward or somthing, I actually felt comfortable in this atmosphere.

 "Priya! Priya! Priya, come with us!"

  I was surrounded by lil kids after the second I stepped out of the washroom from washing hand bcoz dinner was in a few minutes, so washing your hands was a good idea...

one of Ram's little cousins was currently tugging around my legs, but she was so qute..

A loud voice came. "What are you doing?"

 A tall, pretty girl, probably about 17 or 18 year old, appeared front of me

 "I just wanted to play with Priya, Lisa !" the little girl named ritu said in a cute voice, blinking up at Lisa....

 "Well, you can't play right now, we are going to take dinner in few minutes" Lisa said to ritu and all other kids too

  "But I promise we can play later," I said in between before

  "You're so good, Priya Di " nutz said. "I knew there was a reason Ram Bhai likes you so much

 I tried to ignore that comment. Even if I was desperately hoping that it was actually true.

 "Come on, come on, bacchaa Party," Lisa cut in, waving a hand. "You can come help me set the table."

There was something in Lisa's voice that made the kids immediately ready to go with her...

 "Thanks so much," I said to Lisa with a small smile. "I'm not normally used to being around so many kids."

  "No problem," Lisa replied, grinning. "I figured as much, since you are the daughter of sudheer and shipra Sharma."

 I blinked. "How do you know?"

Lisa :. "Ram told me."

 I rolled my eyes, huffing out a sigh. "Typical Ram Kapoor."

Lisa's : . "I wouldn't worry about that. Ram's normally always unpleasant."

 "You don't need to tell me," I replied in agreement. "I agree with that one."

 "You know, I'm surprised you're not like that that bitchy ," Lisa said conversationally as we left from there.

 I stared at her not sure whether or not I was supposed to feel complimented or offended..

Lisa laughed. "Well, Ram wouldn't hang out with you if you were one, I suppose."

I was probably supposed to be rather pleased about that one.

  Ram didn't think I was a bitch! good one for Priya.

.

 I helped Lisa and one girl. All of Ram's cousins, teenagers, kept giving me curious stares as I worked.

 Hopefully I wasn't in any trouble or anything.

It took some time to get everyone seated around the tables,

i dont know how, I ended up sitting in between Ram and his lovely cousin Chintu. I suspected that it might have been Krishna aunty's doing that I ended up next to her son ram, but I don't know who didn't like me enough to put me next to Chintu. Not that I didn't like the boy or anything, but he started blabbing in my ear and he is so irritated

 "Everyone! Quiet!"

Dadi's announced and said start praying

I noticed that everyone around the tables linked hands with each other like making a chain and I hesitantly reached out to place my hand in Ram's. He gave me a look out of the corner of his eye, one of his eyebrows raised, and I quickly bowed my head like Dadi ordered.

 I know all here Punjabi's but why they doing Prayer like this

 "I didn't know you spoke Punjabi too," I muttered, glancing over at Ram

Ram shrugged in response. "Not really that impressive."

Prayer finished...

Chintu give ram some looks....

Ram Said by lips movement U "B****D"

 "Ram!" Krishna aunty snapped, leaning over towards us from halfway down the table. "Do not call B****D!"

 I keep my  hand to my mouth to keep from bursting out laughing.

"Sure, i wont," Ram replied.

 "So, tell me, Priya," Ram's aunt Kusum said after some mintues, leaning towards me across the table. "What's it like having such famous parents?"

 "Uh, I'm not really sure," I said slowly. "They're not really home that much, so I can't rightly say abt it."

 A rather sad look came across Kusum's face, like she wasn't expecting my this answer. "Oh, well, I'm sorry. We're very glad to have you here for family dinner, though."

. "Thank you."

"So, and uh...you and Ram?" Kusum's husband Ritesh interjected

"Just friends," Ram and I said in perfect unison.

  "So that means you're on the market for dating?" Chintu said, coming into the conversation.

He was promptly shouted down in Punjabi language by at least five other people,...i looks in different direction....

So, dinner with the Ram's family was much more wonderful than I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be lil awkward and not too fun, but I turned out to be completely  wrong.

 Night had long since fallen we had all finished dinner

 "Mom!" ritu swinging on Kusum's arm. "Can we have sweet pie now please?"

 "You heard the girl, Priya," Ram drawled, draping his arm across the back of my chair. "Go get pie."

 "Ram!" Kusum said . "Why would you make your guest serve food? That is totally unacceptable From - "

 "No, no Kusum Aunty, that's alright," I said. "I don't mind."

"Oh, Priya, you really don't have to," kusum Aunty said

 I gave Kusum a reassuring smile before I left from there, heading to the kitchen. I too loved sweet pie, so I didn't mind getting it, even if Ram was being so rude about it.

  I made my way over to fridge to pull out a sweet pie when I heard something

  Was someone is crying?

 "Hello?" I said slowly,

The only thing I heard in response was someone's sobs.

  "Hello?" I repeated. "Is anyone in here?"

I saw around the fridge and my heart just about broke at what I saw.

  It was Krishna aunty, and she was crying into her hands sobbing and I thought she was having a panic attack or something

 But when I heard what she was saying into her hands this wasn't a panic attack.

"Krishna aunty!" I dropped to my knees in front of her. "What happened? What's wrong? Are you alright aunty?"

 Krishna aunty didn't answer me She just kept shaking her head and crying and while she was whimpering," Amar...please, Amar...don't...Amar..."

 "Krishna aunty!" I said again, gripping her shoulder tightly. "What's wrong aunty plz say something?"

A moment later I realized that she wont give answer to me. I had to do something to help her,

 "Krishna aunty,Plz dnt cry... I'm going to be right back," I told her ....

I was just abt to burst into tears too, but that wouldn't do anything to help Krishna aunty.

 I quickly left the kitchen as fast as I could, back into the front of the coffee house.

 I called Ram's name trying to catch his attention, but he didn't hear me.

 "Ram!" I snapped, digging my fingernails into his shoulder.

He glanced up at me and immediately started to shout but when he noticed the look on my face,

 "What?" he said, a concerned look in his eyes.

"It's your mom Krishna Aunty. Something's wrong."




Ram was up and out of his seat after I'd finished speaking, runzz to the kitchen.

 Every single person stared me i was stood like a statue..

 "Priya beta Kya hua (Priya What happen).....Dadi asked

"hmmmm..." I searched for words

i dnt know wat to say at this situation so I settled there not saying anything at all. But i m not good because Kamal , Suman, Kusum and dadi all looked over at Krishna's empty place at the table.

 "I'll be right back," I said and walk towards to the kitchen.

  I walked hesitantly towards the kitchen When I found Ram, he was bent down on the floor beside Krishna Aunty, and he was softly gripping her face in his hands, speaking to her in a very softly, soothing voice I'd never heard before from him.

 "Maa, listen to me. Dad's not coming back. He's in Jail. Amar papa is dead. come out of it please"

Ram kept repeating those words over and over again, trying to Krishna aunty calm down, but it wasn't working. Aunty was slumped against Ram, crying her heart out onto his shoulder, and I don't think I'd ever seen somebody cry like that before.

tears travelling through my cheeks as I watched the heartbreaking scene before me.

 "What's going on here?"

 I quickly  sided from the way as Kamal (krishna's Brother) marched into the kitchen, closely followed by Kusum and dadi

 "Ram, what happened?" Kamal  asked of Ram, bending down in front of both.

"I don't know," Ram said, his eyes wide. "Maa hasn't behave like this in years. Something must have set her off but I can't think of what it could have been."

 "Is Krishna still taking her medication?" Kusum asked

"No," Ram answered. "Her doctor said that she'd be fine without medicine. I'm telling you, she hasn't had a flashback in at least 2-3 years."

 "Come on," Kamal sighed. "We need to take her upstairs she needs rest."

Ram slid out of the way while Kamal take krishna aunty up into his arms and stood, making his way for the stairs that lead up to the apartment upstairs.

 Kusum immediately followed after her brother, Dadi too behind them, and a moment later all disappeared

 I looked towards Ram, , hoping he was going to say at least something

 "Stay here," he finally said. "With the kids."

"Ram, I can - "

 "Just do it, Priya."

There was something in Ram's voice. He sounded so low desperate, flustered, and scared all together.

 I gave a nod,. "Okay."

i left kitchen .

"Is everything okay?"

 I took a seat at the table across from Sumun(kk's sister), resting my head in my hands....

kids were playing so i dont have to kept eyes on them

 "I don't know," I said to her taking a deep breath.

"Poor krishna," Sumun sighed and she was doing so well, too."

 "What...what exactly the matter is ?" I asked to sumun

Sumun sighed again and a moment later i think she was gathering some courage to say and she said  "Krishna has P.T.S.D,"

what  thats means post traumatic stress disorder i asked 

Sumun nodded. "And she has a so bad case of it, too. Did Ram tell you what happened with his family?"

"Yes." i said very slowly

Sumun :. "Well, you can imagine how she suffered after everything that happened. It wasn't easy for Krishna, especially since she was pregnant with the twins at the time."

. "Right." the only words came out of from my mouth..

"Krishna was diagnosed with P.T.S.D a little while after the murder and a bad case of depression, too,"Sumun said,. "And after Jai's trial in courts things got more worse. She used to face Jai in front of her and all over remind her of everything that had happened, its like she was reliving the entire Murder scene thing over again."

 I gasped, my jaw dropping. "You mean KK aunty was there when it happened?"

Sumun sighed,. "Yes, she was. And so was Ram."

 There was no point to stop my tears now.

Seeing your own father murdering another man God How ram sffered all this

 No wonder Ram was the way he was.

"And now?" I asked shakily

, I'm sure you've seen how Ram is now,"Sumun continued, in very low voice. "Ram become Family's man does everything he possibly can for this family, but it isn't easy for him with suffering with "Major depressive disorder

"What "

. "He's had it ever since he his dad was put in Jail.....

"But he seems so frustrated all of the time, not angry!" I said

"Apparently anger is a sign of depression,"Sumun told me. "That's just the way Ram's takes form."



my mind spinning with all of the conversation

 KK aunty had post traumatic stress disorder, and Ram had major depressive disorder.

How could they both lives as if nothing was wrong?

"But I hope that doesn't change your opinion of KK and ram," Sumun asked  a little anxious.

 "No!" I said quickly. "Not at all. They're very good i think amazing people. I just can't believe what u said."

Sumun nodded in agreement, "I know. It's worst. But we deal with it the best we can."

 "Is there...anything I can do to help you?" I asked sumun

Sumun gave me a curious look,. "Just stay with Ram."

 I wasn't going to have a problem doing that.

yup i said

2 hours passed, and I hadn't seen hide nor hair of Ram, KK, or any of siblings.

  Most of the little kids had already slept some on chairs and some on tables. Nutz and soumya were passed out on my lap on the couch,.

 

i too slept dont know when.

 "Priya Priya, wake up."

Kusum woke me up an apologetic smile on her face.

"What's going on?"

coffee house was almost empty except Kusum and me.

 "We're leaving," Kusum said, "I'm sorry Priya everything turned out this way."

"No, don't," I said quickly,. "It's alright. I had a lot of fun at dinner  tonight.ith u all"

Kusum smiled again. "I'm glad, then. We'll all have to meet up 2gether again, I hope."

 "Of course," I agreed with a smile...

where is twins...

they are upstairs in bed...she said

Ohh ok..i replied byee she said and walks towards exit door

"Take care of them, Priya," Kusum said suddenly, turning back to me. "They need someone like you Beta."

 I stared at Kusum in surprise, not having expected her to tell me something like this. "I will." the words come out

 Kusum left with all other siblings

 I headed into the kitchen...I wanted to stay here until I saw Ram again, want to know that he was okay or not

but I dont know what I was supposed to do right now. if I stayed, I'd be intruding on something private between the Kapoor family...

I decided to clean plates so i take a washer and start cleaning then i heard footsteps

"Priya. What're you doing?"

I just shocked and dropped a plate into the dishwasher

Ram was standing behind me, i turned and saw his arms crossed over his chest.

 his eyes Red i think he was cried before came here

 "washing plates "i said slowly "i thought keep ready all things for tomorrow ."

Ram rolls his amazing eyes.... "Priya could've just gone home, you know."

. "I know Ram, but I wanted to ..."

 "To what?"Ram asked in low voice

"To make sure you and KK aunty were okay," I answered and turn around doing washing again

 "You didn't need to washing to find that out."

thats true but still

I kept my head down and focused on washing paltes

 "Priya."

"Look,Ram, I'm almost done, so just let me - "

then Ram took the plate and set it on the counter.

 I turned around to ask him what he was doing, but I noticed Ram was standing so close to me

  its my imagine that Ram was about to kiss me.

 But after a second I realized this was actually happening yes

 he leaned closer to me, and his eyes were in mine eyes. my heart beating fast , my eyes refused to look away from his.

"What're you doing, Ram?" I muttered, my breath stuck in  my throat.

   "Priya, shut up."

Ram leaned down to my face and kissed me after that, and it was enough to make me forget what i  was thinking an hour before or so...

 I didn't think Ram had kissed before , but he certainly knew how to kiss, that was for sure.

because its my 1st kiss and  it was more than awesme, his hands cups my face and my fingers tangle in his hair, the lil kiss now become passionate but we break away for air.and the next thing was

 "What'd you do that for?" I asked Ram breathlessly,

"I wanted to," Ram answered

 this is not fair How could anyone be totally composed after a kiss?

 "Uhhh, okay?" I said, very confused.

 "Just go with it, Priya," Ram sighed, rolling his eyes.

 I probably wasn't going to be able to talk to Ram about everything that had just happened between us and today and what a night turned out to be but for right now, it was enough for me....

 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally you updated <3 amazing one "wohaaa Ram-Priya Kissed" Update soon pls ":)

Unknown said...

vey nice update
pls continue soon

Post a Comment